customize "places" in open dialog

I have figured out how to edit the registry to customize the places list
(the area at the far left of the open dialog). I have set it up with the
ones I want and it works fine in my programs outside of solidworks. Does
anyone know if SW hard coded their list into the software for some reason
instead of drawing from the windows registry? I have no idea why they
would wnat to do this unless they were going to have a feature that allowed
you to set it on your own. All but one of the default entries is useless
to me. Has anyone successfully altered this list?
Win2000
SW2004sp3
Reply to
MHill