customize "places" in open dialog

I have figured out how to edit the registry to customize the places list (the area at the far left of the open dialog). I have set it up with the ones I want and it works fine in my programs outside of solidworks. Does anyone know if SW hard coded their list into the software for some reason instead of drawing from the windows registry? I have no idea why they would wnat to do this unless they were going to have a feature that allowed you to set it on your own. All but one of the default entries is useless to me. Has anyone successfully altered this list?

Win2000 SW2004sp3

Reply to
MHill