Design Table - reference vs. control of a dimension

I know how to use a DT to drive dimensions but how can you use a DT to simply populate itself with existing dims, etc? Since you can show a DT on a drawing as a table I think this is pretty darned important to be able to do this. I just can't figure it out. Any tips?

Reply to
Billy Joan Kane

You can only get it automatically populated when you initially create it (I think). When you create it, use the auto-create option. It will pop up a list of parameters, and you have to select the ones you want.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Yes I tried that. Works only for the config you have in view. So if I have a list of configs and say D1@sketch2 dim changes via equation and is different for each config I'm screwed. Doesn't anyone else think this would be a useful thing to be able to do in SWx DT's?

Reply to
Billy Joan Kane