DP Esprit 2010

The Jon Banquer blog will have a review of what's coming in DP Esprit 2010, which is going to be a very impressive release. DP Technology
joins SolidCAM as one of the few CAM companies who have put their foot on the gas despite what has happened to the economy.

Ohhh, Jon watched some Esprit videos on Youtube, so now he's abot to "review" what's coming.
Jon, you can't even correctly "review" or use the software you have access to. How are you going to "review" software you've never seen?
Question:
Where was the Esprit 2009 conference held?
Answer:
San Diego, CA
Question:
Where does Jon Banquer work?
Answer:
San Diego, CA
Question:
How often does the real, fake Joe788 get it wrong or just out right lie?
Answer:
Every time he posts just like Cliffy Huprich and Tom Brewer.

So you went to a conference, and watched Youtube videos of Esprit, and now you're going to review it?
How many parts have you made with it? How long have you been using it? You can't even use the most basic functions of the software you've been claiming to use for years.
Question:
How often does the real, fake Joe788 get it wrong or just out right lie?
Answer:
Every time he posts just like Cliffy Huprich and Tom Brewer.

Again Jon, how many parts have you made with Esprit? How long have you had a seat? How many different machines have you programmed with Esprit?
Question:
How often does the real, fake Joe788 get it wrong or just out right lie?
Answer:
Every time he posts just like Cliffy Huprich and Tom Brewer.

You really can't expect me to keep all my lies straight. Besides, it is really hard typing with just one hand (still blistered). I really don't have a clue about Gibscam, as chaining is normal but Gibbs calls it something different which confuses me.
I should probably just quit posting as my butt is getting tired from being kicked to the curb on a post by post basis.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I got some free pizza and a video so I'm ready for the full review. Just because I don't have a clue doesn't mean I can't review. This could be my new slogan!
Jon Banquer San Deigo, CA

First of all Esprit is a french word....
that aside...
Esprit sux. When it first came out it was designed for 2 dimensional drawing, wire edm software. It had a couple of real kickass gimmics, it was able to draw a line with no endpoints. Pretty handy way to draw fast for 2d stuff. Real good trimming and filleting for it's day. But that was it. All it had. I was using smartcam, and the shop next door was using esprit. the smartcam was a milling package. I simply said my cutter was .0056 for a .0006 overburn. We had a race. It was shameful. Needlesss to say we did not buy esprit.
Fast forward to the 90's. Esprit gets in bed with charmille and mitsubishi, and all of a sudden their esprit is bundled in the wire edm machine like it or not. Next damn thing you know Esprit is THE wire edm software period. But it didn't do anything bobwire wouldn't do. But the wire machine folks gave them exclusive access to their power setting, creating "knowledge base".
Bottom line is esprit sucked all along. They got famous from buying off the manufacturers.
Ive used their milling software, I used their X version, and 2001-2003 software.
FUCK THEM! Their software was buggy, the maint was friggen outragous, and there's no damn difference between the 2000 version and the 2003 version.
After all that...I'm supposed to be impressed by anything ESPRIT has done lately? I'll pass. They suck and always will suck.
This is the kind of thing Esprit has always bragged about:
"One of the biggest advantages of ESPRIT is the way it lets us validate the program on a computer screen rather than tying up a much more expensive machine tool . mistakes can take a considerable amount of expensive machine time to diagnose and correct. With ESPRIT, we can find them in the simulation. This helps explain why nearly every part that we program works perfectly the first time we run it on the machine."
OH MAN< LOOKY AT ESPRIT< it has verify? Damn.....where's my checkbook!
http://www.dptechnology.com/en/company.asp
"DP Technology is a leading developer and supplier of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software for a full range of machine tool applications. ESPRIT,DP Technology's flagship product, is a powerful, high-performance, full-spectrum programming system for milling, turning, wire EDM, and multitasking machine tools. ESPRIT embodies DP Technology's passion for excellence and its vision of technology's potential.
DP Technology reinforces its commitment to technical excellence by dedicating nearly 20% of its annual revenues to ongoing research and product development. This long-term focus has produced powerful technology innovations, putting ESPRIT in an industry-leading position since its market launch in 1985. DP Technology currently has two patents pending on the technology embodied within ESPRIT.
DP Technology maintains its worldwide headquarters in Camarillo, California and product development teams in California and Florence, Italy. Sales and support operations are located in Europe, Asia, and North and South America."
http://www.solidcam.com/company_en,2703.html
"SolidCAM has today more than 13,500 seats installed in industry and education. SolidCAM is sold by a worldwide reseller network in 46 countries. SolidCAM has been on a very rapid growth path since it implemented the SolidWorks integration strategy."

After being told that press releases don't impress anybody, Jon answers with another press release. You can't make this shit up!