edrawings lockup

I'm trying to use edrawings Professional 2007. It will open a DWG fine. As soon as I try to open a SW file or edrawing file it locks up. 2006 was working fine. Any ideas?

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy

I hade the same issue, open the viewer from the desktop not SW. under tools, options set tick box to use software open GL.

will be slow but should work. I have the latest drivers (fx 3450) but will not work with > I'm trying to use edrawings Professional 2007. It will open a DWG fine. As

Reply to
solid steve

Thanks for the help. It that worked. I'm using an Nvidia FX 500/600 video card with the latest driver. I had it set for AutoCad. When I re-set Nvidia to SolidWorks it worked with openGL hardware. Edrawings 2007 is running in XP pro. I have a copy of 2006 running in Win 2000 Pro sp4 and there is no problem. It seems ed was trying to access a memory segment on the card for hardware open gl and could not do it, when I changed the application setting in Nvidia it was OK. The weird part is I have the latest driver in XP but not in Win 2000 sp4. I changed to the latest driver to please AutoCad 2007. If I remember right edrawings was working before I did that. Well live & learn. Newer isn't always better. Sorry for the long rant.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy