External Preferences Dialog - Can not choose configuration

I have problems to choose configurations in the external preferences dialog box in SW-2003 SP-5. The area is grayed out. See

I have a main assembly with two different configurations of one sub-assembly. Those two sub-assembly configurations contains different configuration of a base part and two different configurations of one in-context part..

The two configurations of the in-context part does not updates correctly in the assemblies. So I have need to link the in-context part to right assembly configuration. BUT IT IS GRAYED OUT ???

It doesn't matter if I RMB on the sketch or feature or anywhere in the part or in the assemblies. I have tried everything. I have open up both assemblies. I have changed external preferences options to different settings but NOTHING "opens" configuration field in external preferences dialog.

Reply to
Zacca

Now should the link to the picture work

Reply to
Zacca

Zacca

I could be wrong but I think you have to have a feature or other item(s) in the list selected for the grayed out areas to become active

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie