Inspection ball within a part

We use a ball to check a dimension on a part coming off the lathe. I would like to include an inspection ball as part of the *.prt file but not have it come up on the assembly. I would like the ball to appear in the drawing but not in the assembly.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Reply to
dlevy

Create a part configuration with and without the ball. Check out configurations in the help file.

John Layne

John Layne

I usually draw the ball as a circle on the appropriate drawing view. It saves the fuss of dealing with extra configs.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

That's certainly a lot quicker than a config

John Layne

John Layne

I was going to say make the ball an envelope part in the assembly. But then it won't show up on the drawing.

I suppose you could make a configurations of the part with the ball in it as a separate body and as a deleted body.

Reply to
TOP

Thanks dewd! I didn't think of that.

Reply to
dlevy

Create the Inspection Ball as a Construction Circle in the sketch of the part. Then in the drawing view where it is required, simply "show" the sketch.

Reply to
Eddie