Mathematical Special Character

Well I was working on a dwg in which I had to give greater than eual to and less than equal to signs in the notes as well as in the dimesions. But using the short keys (as given in windows character map) for the same, I was not able to acheive that.

Any one having idea how to do that?

For notes, I copied and pasted the same from the word file, but for putting in dimesnions, I had drawn a line below the greater than or less than sign. The only problem with this was that if th text is moved, the line will not move alongwith the text.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Gupta

Reply to
Engineer

Alt+8804 less-than or equal to, and Alt+8805 greater-than or equal to.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Interesting.

Since I do all my writing and calculations on the Mac, where special characters are readily known on the keyboard or findable, I haven't had to figure out the special character issues on Win XP.

As I only use SolidWorks on WinXP, not having special characters hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Is there a specific source in the OS where all the special characters for any font are accessible?

Many Thanks - Bo

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Charachter Map

John Layne

John Layne

Muchos gracias.

Ol Bo

John Layne wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Dear Muggs,

Thanks for the inputs.

I had already tried that one. These can be used only with the notes but when someone has to override a dimension value with some text, the less-than or equal to and greater-than or equal to will change to equal to sign once you are out of the editing. That is the troublesome thing.

Anyone tried this or faced this.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Gupta Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Engineer

Where do you find the chart with these things on them?

Reply to
TOP

I found a great list of special characters at:

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs