Screw and nut animation

Hi all!

I'm trying to animate how a nut rolls over its screw (SW 2007), but no way!

any tip?

thanks

toni

Reply to
vinot

toni,

I have an example of this, but I don't remember where I got it from. If you give me the last three letters of your email adress, I will email it to you. I got freakt. File size is 330 kb.

Reaper.

Reply to
Reaper2561

What have you tried so far?

Reply to
johnsuth

hi again,

yes, will be two ways (up and down)

I'm trying to cut the screw section along one rod using helix path... till now no good result :(

anyway, I have the example of Reaper (thank again), so I hope today will have done.

toni

Reply to
vinot

ok, done!

just a little tricky... that's what I do:

1- extrude a rod 2- sketch a circle at one planar side of rod with same diameter 3- sketch an helix through the rod (using the circle sketch) 4- 3dsketch copying the helix 5- make plane normal at 3dsketch helix and with initial point at starting helix (say it right?) 6- sketch the pitch (profile screw) at that plane 7- cut using sketch 6 using 3dsketch as path

I can email the part

thanks

toni

Reply to
vinot

well, here's one tutorial:

(in spanish)

toni

Reply to
vinot

Create nut and screw have helix cut. Add concentric and coincident relations and you can roll to and forward.

Here is one example

Deepak Gupta SW2009 SP3.0 SW2007 SP5.0

"=EF=80=A0Please c> well, here's one tutorial:

Reply to
Engineer