Showing hidden lines

I have a shaft with splines in an assembly and I am having problems showing the splines. All I want to shaow is the top and bottom spline all the rest I want to hide. but the splines need to be shown as hidden lines. The shaft is shown in a section view in an assembly but the shaft is not sectioned (Section Scope method) the view of the shaft is hidden lines removed. Can I change the shaft to Hidden Lines Visable and Hide the ones I don't want? I tried this but I can't change the shaft to Hidden Lines Visable, am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to do this. I tried showing hidden lines then hid the not needed lines but that did seem to work.

Thanks Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Feculak