slow pattern generation

I have a sheet with more than 1000 holes and when I open the drawing it takes 6 minutes on a 3Gig machine running Win2000 and 2Gig of RAM. The drawing consist of 2 Sheets and when I toggle between the sheets it takes another 6 min. Is there a setting in Solidworks I can turn on or off that will solve this problem.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Murphy

Using a geometry pattern might help.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Stephen Murphy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Workaround: Use a config without the holes wherever possible.

I always do that in drw and ass when I have a bunch of holes or repeat geometry (suppress repetition).

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN