Slow response on keyboard input in Fm Properties

I have noticed a irritating slow response to keyboard input when selecting a dimension and adding a words to a dimension (eg "typ") in fm properties, - as you do. By time the I have typed the 3rd letter the first is barely showing itself in properties text window. Same when backspacing Anyone come across this wierdness and more important, a remedy.

2006 Sp4.1, 2GB Ram, Quadro 4000. (nvidia 77.56 driver) Also very slow to bring up dialog when double clicking a dimension in GUI. ( I think this is related). The dim arrows kind of flash from black colour to green highlight colour, a number of times, before dialog finally comes up. It's as though the program is really struggling to communicate with keyboard. Have scanned for viruses, run spybot, adaware etc. reloaded graphics driver, disabled, spacepilot driver and any services except those required by windows.

Have checked all keyboard settings in Control panel, repeat rate etc (all set to fast) Have opened up word, excel and other windows programs and they all work fine and exhibit no problems. This seems to be SWX specific.

Reply to
Nev Williams

I have seen this very same behavior. Unfortunately, in my case, it was not repeatable. I never found what caused it, and luckily it only happened once or twice.

arlan

Reply to
Arlan.Murphy