Any opinions on the
SolidWorks Bible by Matt Lombard
Bob

Oh no! Banquer bait...
--
Ken

< snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message
ken wrote:

Hell, it probably is Banquer. You guys don't need moderation. You need counter battery fire. LOL
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Not Banquer. I just bought the book today and was wondering if anyone else has used it and what is their personal opinion of it.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

It was just a joke. No offense intended. There have been numerous reviews of the material here and you ought to be able to Google them up. My overall impression is that the book represents an excellent value but I can't speak from experience.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Pretty sure he will respond when/if he gets out..........
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_q=%22solidworks+bible%22+lombard+reviews ?
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I got it and read through it. Alot of info, and it helped out greatly.
also suggest going through the tutorials that come with solidworks. (once you get it running that is)

As far as I know, everything else works except for the file locations list. I have been using it for about 6 months. I have been making parts and assemblies from the exercises in mechanical drafting books and my inventor book.
Bob
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:02:57 -0700, castlebravo242 wrote:

It is on my buy list when I get a spare few bucks.
It appeared to be well researched.
The one problem with any SW related publication is that like the software, it has a one year shelf life. Most things will be applicable for the next few years. Even SW for Dummies is out of date.
That being said, any time you can pick the brain of somebody that has taken the time to figure out how to do the complicated stuff in SW it is worth it.
--
TOP

It's a bloody useful book- nothing much more frustrating than trying to figure out "why can't I...". I preordered the book and was very pleased with it's value when i got it