SolidWorks BOM cell hight?

A recuring problem that I hope there is a simple solution for. Insert a BOM and because of the column width some of the cells wrap the text. I adjust the width so that there is no wrap but the height of the cells remain the same. I have to invidually adjust the rows and try to eyeball them so they are all the same. There must be an easier way?

TIA Jeff

Reply to
NOT REALLY ME

Jeff,

If you adjust the column width so that none of the cells have wrapped text, you should be able to select all of the cells in a column (use click+drag), then right click on any of the selected cells and pick Formatting->Row Height. This will pull up a dialog box that will allow you to set your row height for all selected rows. My personal settings for 1/8" text height are 0.200" for no wrapped text and 0.350" for wrapped text (2 rows in cell).

The only thing that sucks with this is that you can't "CTRL" select non adjacent cells and apply the row height format. It only seems to apply it to the cell that you right clicked on (even though other cells were selected). To apply the row height to all of the selected cells, they must be consecutive.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ricky Jordan CSWP Dynetics, > A recuring problem that I hope there is a simple solution for. Insert a BOM

Reply to
Ricky Jordan

also if you right click just outside the top left corner of the BOM then pick formatting->row height etc, this then selects the whole BOM

steve

Reply to
solid steve

Or, you can drag the lower left corner and crunch it all up and then pull it back down a bit. Unfortunately, though, there isn't a vertical padding value/feature yet.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany