SW2008 Instant3D - config specific dim

I just found a good tip that I haven't seen any documentation on and it's a huge thing for me.

I find that I like having the Instant3D on because some things are faster. However, if I know that I want to change a dimension config specific, I need to double-click on that dim in the graphics area. I found that with the Instant3D on, it was almost impossible to double-click on a dim - it would only single-click select and config specific is then not an option.

What I just figured out is that it's not really the Instant3D that is causing the problem, it's the Context Toolbar that pops up that's causing the problem. So one option is to turn that off. But I really like it, so I don't want to turn it off. Hmmm. But wait, there's another option. Click the face, or whatever, to expose the dim. Then press & release either the Ctrl or the Alt key to make the Context Toolbar disappear, then easily double-click on the dim. You will find that you can press and release one of those keys as you are moving your mouse to the dim and it will be double-clickable by the time you get there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany