SWx World Tip

I see that the registration is open:

If you are pretty sure you are going to attend, I would strongly suggest getting signed up right now. In past years, I recall that the roundtable discussions and hands-on sessions filled up in the first two or so weeks of open registration. Its weird to be thinking about an event at the end of January when it is still 80 outside, but I know from experience that its a bummer to spend all that money to go without even getting the option of attending these sessions because you dawdled for a few weeks.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Looks like the round tables are useful again this year. Unfortunately it conflicts with the PDM roundtable. Bummer, seems like CAD managers should be in PDM too.

CAD Manager's Boot Camp. cool.

Really good set of round table topics and they are on Sunday again which is cool.

It seems like the conference is on the extreme ends of the map. Florida, Boston, Florida I think that's been the order for the last few years. You would think they would put it in a more central place like: Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, St. Louis?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Bovinich

No kidding. Also, for some reason, it seems like the powers that be here think that none of us have any integrity and if a conference or training is in a city that might be distracting (Vegas, Orlando, etc.) we usually are not allowed to attend.

Deb

Reply to
Debbie Dowding

Too bad. I have learned more from my peers at different SWW events than I have anywhere else. The breakout sessions can be good, but there is nothing better than discussing the software with other professionals. BTW, having been to both places, I'll take Orlando over Boston (or Chicago,etc.) in January any day.

jk

Reply to
jk

Dan (and all), A lot of consideration goes in to the planning of SWW. Locations are chosen based on several criteria:

Facilities - they have to accomodate 2000-3000 people for 3 to 5 days. Rates - reasonable guest accomodations Ease of Travel - especially for our friends across the Atlantic Climate - were you in Boston? Location - best airfares, amenities, and yes, fun.

Orlando meets all of the above, and affords an opportunity to take your family (should you decide to). That's why the conference has been held there three times.

For those of you having trouble justifying the cost and time away from work, do some math and present a business case to your managers. How much productivity gain would you expect, vs. the total cost of the conference. The numbers can look good if presented correctly.

Plenty of users I have talked to give me the same reason for not going..."My company won't pay for it". When I press them, more often than not they never even asked anyone. ASK - you might be surprised, especially if you make a good case for going.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I'm for Minneapolis in January. Duluth would be even better. No mosquittoes.

Actually I think the whole history is:

Palm Springs (2x?) Missing links here I think. New Orleans Orlando LasVegas Orlando Boston

I think they put it in warm climates that have off seasons. They probably can't put it in Cancun because of export regulations.

Aww, Richard - didn't you enjoy the brisk weater? :o)

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding

I registered to go, but when I was to select the break-out sessions or round table discussions to attend I was kicked out. Is there a way to get back in to select?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Steve D