TAB(ing) thru Smart Mates orientation

anyone having trouble using tab with smart mates on countersunk screws?

although i can tab and watch screw flip, it doesn't stay after accepting position (release LMB). i always have to use the "flip mate alignment" from that little jack-ass pop-up mate menu.

at this stage i'm not crazy about the direction mates has taken. maybe after further use i will change my mind.

kenneth b

Reply to
kenneth b

What do you mean by "release LMB"? I double click one part surface, single click the mating surface, hands off the mouse, and then hit tab. Works for me.

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

1) drag (use Left Mouse Button) from feature palette or toolbox 2) tab thru orientation 3) release Left Mouse Button
Reply to
kenneth b

Then select the tab.

Reply to
SWuser

Reply to
SWuser

shouldn't need a step 4. the method i described works fine in '03.

looks like the problem is in '04 sp1. i just rolled back to sp0 and it's almost ok.

at least when you tab in sp0 it sticks, but you still have to select the check mark on that mate pop-up menu (extra step which wasn't required in '03).

i thought upgrades were supposed to increase productivity?

Reply to
kenneth b