Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cheapest Version of Solidworks or ProE?????
About eight years ago, I left engineering to enter management consulting. I am itching to do some small projects/inventions in my free time. What is the cheapest non-trial, non-student version of...
8
8

Tapered Pipe or tubing
Hi all, I am looking for information on how to model tapered pipe in Solid Works. Not only straight tapered pipe, but tapered pipe with no straight lines in it? Any info here would be appreciated....
2
2

More fun with equations
Now this is wierd. Enter the following equations in the Equation Manager: "A"= 1 "B"= 0.125 "C"=0.5 "D"=IIF("A" > 0, "C"-2*"B","C") "E"="D" The first four work just fine. But that final simple...
16
16

Slow Equations
This may have been addressed before and if so, pardon my ignorance. Why is SolidWorks so slow when using equations? When I open a new file and add a dozen or so equations, and then do a Q, it takes...
5
5

Identifying Circular References
I recalled a topic a few years ago regarding identifying circular references. that discussion CadML was mentioned as a tool to help identify reference structure, But the links to that don't seem to...
3
3

solidworks materials.sldmat
Would someone out there with v2007 do me a favor to confirm (or refute) my sanity? When you open the subject file in a text editor (notepad should do), does it come up as plain text (XMLish) or is it...
6
6

SolidMap
My friend Igal Kaptsan of KollabNet has extracted from his main product something called SolidMap, that seems like it ought to be useful to all SolidWorks users. It integrates with SW, providing a...
1
1

Friction brake
It's off-topic, but I wonder if anyone here has got any sound experience of using friction brakes to accurately control the torque on a small continuously driven rotor. The application is a bit like a...
9
9

OT - SW Tool for BOM Extraction - Input Wanted
Wanted to get input from users on a tool we are developing for Solidworks BOM extraction. It allows anyone (non users of SW too) to extract all the quantified hierarchial data of an assembly in...

Planes
Will someone please lead me to some tutorials on the creation and use of Planes. I know that there are several ways to create them, including along a curved sketched line. I know that this subject...
2
2

wrap cut with sw2006
How do I do a wrap cut on the OD of a pipe? I've got the sketch laid out, but it will only go 180deg. Also, the sketch cut must be normal to the surface of the OD. So Extruded Cut won't work. I've...
3
3

Save As Copy not creating parts, anyone else?
When using Save As Copy at the assembly level, the assembly is saved with a new name , but none of my parts are saved with the new names I gave them and so the newly named assembly is missing all its...
2
2

Edge Flange, w / 2 flanges, No parallel to face option.
As soon as you pick 2 edges with the edge flange feature, the parallel to face option disappears, can anyone confirm. Am I missing why this happens? Thanks.
1
1

Opportunities @ Rolta India Limited
Dear Friends, Rolta India Limited is a Mumbai Based, India's #1 CAD/CAM/GIS/PDS solution provider & amongst the Top GeoSpatial IT services vendors worldwide. It has Dominant Market Share in GIS, Plant...

ãÔÌÚÇÊ ÎáíÌí 18 åá íãËáä ÇáãÑÃÉ ÇáÓÚæÏíÉ ¿¿ ((ÕæÑ))
1ebRySDH4dHT5uEg1eHsIMfh4eUg2uHt5SDm0+HjIC4uINPIzcfkIMfhzsfh3iAuLgoKCmh0dHA6 Ly93d3cuaGFtbXNzLmNvbS92Yi9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocD9nb3RvPW5ld3Bvc3QmdD0xMzcxOQoK...
1
1