Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tip of the Day: Speed up your XP LAN connection
When I first setup our LAN for SW we had gigabit cards in all the workstations and a gigbit server. It was fast and seemed like working on the network was faster than local. Then a few months ago...
3
3

Adjustable angled plane
Will someone please provide me with a step by step sequence to make an angled plane? I am using Solidworks 2006, and for some reason the help file does not give me the proper sequence. If I select the...
5
5

Requesting solidworks 2007 + crack
requesting solidworks 2007 incl. crack and serial, thanx in advance
17
17

Drawing UI error, can't move drawing views
SW2007 latest sp For some reason when working with drawings something happens and when I select a drawing view it is outlined in pink and I can no longer move it. Just now when typing this on another...
1
1

White Dot at Origin
Since our company upgraded to SW2007 about a month ago, most everyone here has this white dot at the origins of their parts and assemblies. It is visible regardless of how you rotate it, and is very...
1
1

SW2007 Bill Of Material Issue
I'm creating some drawings of my assemblies and I'm flummoxed. The assemblies I'm detailing have more than one configuration and SWx insists on inserting the configuration name before QTY in the...
5
5

Decals
OK gang. I have a multi-bodied part (limit switch) and I have 4 configurations to show the head rotated in 4 positions and 4 derived configurations to show the roller engagement at each position. OK...
2
2

SW 2007 opened in SW2006
Hi all, Is there a way of opening a SW 2007 file w/ SW 2006. Specifically I am trying to use some tutorial files in SW 2006. Thanks Larry
2
2

Pro/E to SolidWorks Conversion
Hi All, I have a large Pro/E Wildfire 2.0 model that I want to convert to SolidWorks v2007. When opening the model in SolidWorks, the SolidWorks converter complains that it can't handle Pro/E assembly...
12
12

Baseline Dimensions
Is is possible to add a dimension to a set of baseline dims w/o breaking the alignment? SW2007 Thanks Monty
2
2

External reference error message
I've been working on some parts that were made by starting with imported geometry in the form of imported parts. I don't have the original parts that were imported, and every time I open the file, I...

PhotoWorks Rendering Contest for February
Just a friendly reminder the image submission deadline for the February PhotoWorks Rendering Contest is in 8 days (February, 23). This months winner receives a Space Navigator from 3D Connexion....
1
1

Notes on a drawing
We currently have our notes and rev block on the sheet format and this sometimes is a problem. I would like to get feedback (pros and cons) from other users on where to best place the notes and rev...
5
5

Mate failure in sub-assembly
Inserted some parts into a top level assembly and mated them to a bracket. Then created a sub-assembly and moved the parts into the sub- assembly. The bracket was left at the top level. The bracket...
1
1

SWUGN Technical Summit, Phoenix, March 20, 2007
Details have been announced for the SolidWorks User Group Network Technical Summit that will be held in the Phoenix Metro area. Tuesday, March 20th, 2007 Phoenix Marriott Mesa 200 North Centennial Way...
1
1