Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Plotting on an HP450C DesignJet
I have just added a 24" roll feed to my HP450C 'D' size plotter because I was sick of manually feeding sheets into the plotter but now I find that I cannot get a plot to come out right. They are...
4
4

creating drawings for manuals
We use solidworks to create drawings for our manuals. This however is very slow (adjusting line fonts, creating crop views etc.) We are more and more desperate for a solution because the speed of the...
10
10

Anyone know how to access Hole Series with API?
Am I missing something, or is the Hole Series Option missing in the API? Ken
2
2

Projected curves
I have a project that requires numerous planar patterns to be projected onto various angled faces of the model. Unless I'm reading the help file wrong, the projected curve function only works with...
4
4

Good model libraries
Does anybody have any other good links to mechanical design model/assembly libraries? Like maybe electrical BNC connectors? 3D Content Central has loads of companies just no solidmodels!...
7
7

Re: Catia vs SW for self-training?
Hi Milhouse I've just installed CatiaV5R10 on my PC (you know, the AMD1800, with 256MDDr and ATI rage pro 128) Catia hangs VERY often and I am sure its the video card. 8 bit colors and hardware...

SDX2K3 files to SDX2K4: rumor
I heard a rumor, hopefully false, that Solidworks 2003 files can not be opened in Solidworks 2004. Does anyone know if this is true ??
7
7

Re: Sendkeys, keybd_event, Brackets
I don't have time to mess with it now but what about using Chr(40) which is "(" Chr(41) which is ")" Or have you tried this already. I don't know why it would be different anyway. No help from me...

Re: update drawing properties
the fields that need to be changed, Are ther 2 or 10, and are they different on every part or are there only 3 that are on all of them. Does every part/assy need the same change or is it specific per...
3
3

dimensioning help please
I am trying to offset dimension extension lines. I am doing this in a drawing. Im sure that its a simple thing and Im pretty new to Solidworks (2003) sp0. Please help and thank you very much || | | |...

Re: rod inside another rod, how to centre?
Not sure I understand, but if you create the small rod as a middle plane extrusion, then you can use the natives planes to add a constraint, to the center of the big rod, for example. HIH JM...
8
8

HoleWizard
Is there a way to programmatically modify an existing holewizard feature? I can locate the feature by traversing the feature tree, but I don't find any access methods to retrieve or set the attributes...

Re: RedLight : new free add-in to block rebuilds (danger?)
Philippe, I spotted one problem right away. I'm too stupid to load it properly. I saved the zip file into my Program Files/SolidWorks directory. I made a new directory under SW called RedLight and...
7
7

Re: Tracing a JPEG image in SolidWorks?
Start a sketch tools>sketch tools>insert picture. I recommend washing out the image with brightness/contrast adjsutments before you insert it - nothing worse than editing a black line on a black...
3
3

ACAD conversion
I have to do a lot of Acad conversions on revolved parts. I am just looking for opinions on how people would do it them selves. I download a lot of files off of the net e.g.. Timken bearings. When I...
1
1