Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem with broken-ot section and hidden edges
Hi! I tried to do a technical drawing that is showing the hidden edges of a hole and in the same view a broken out section of a threaded hole. As soon as I do the broken-out section, the hidden edges...
7
7

Malicious files?
Is there any need to worry about malicious SW Files. Or are there provisions within SW API to prevent this.
3
3

Cylindricity And Roundness
I've been looking at inspecting a selction of cylinders. I'm looking to plot the results onto solidworks 2003, but i want to put in tolerence bands so that all the deviation off the perfect cylinder...
3
3

filing cabinet
would anybody happen to have an existing model of a filing cabinet that they would care to pass on? best regards sean

PWX2 - Custom Material Files
I have created some custom materials which are saved in the custom materials folder on my hard drive. SWX is constantly forgetting where the custom materials folder is located and tells me the...
3
3

SW Screen Saver Issue...
Y'all, I posted this awhile ago, and this is the LAST CALL. So for ALL you folks that were working on something, you ought to be done by know. I am putting together a new SolidWorks Screen Saver of...

Raster / Vector conversions
Hello, Does anyone out there have any experience using raster/vector conversion software to create geometry from a scanned image. I downloaded a trial version of Algolab software and it seems ok but...
3
3

Feeling Philosophical about CAD...
Where is CAD going? I know that when I'm in the retirement home, the kids out of college are going to be fitted with Matrix-like jacks in the back of their necks that allow them to directly create...
24
24

Design Table Problem
I have a design table that is linked to an external spreadsheet, in the same folder as the part file. I am trying to use generic designations like "=[BasicSki.xls]Base!B3" in the design table, so when...

Re: BOM, where??
In your SLDDRW file, activate a drawing view of your assembly by selecting it, then Insert>Bill of Materials.
1
1

M60 for SW
Hi guys I'm looking at a laptop/mobile workstation due to increased travelling, and my eyes fell on the new Dell M60 I notice they are using a new Intel M processor with a "lot less" GHz then the...
5
5

80-20 aluminum extrusion dwg import
Does anyone have any tips on importing dwgs into a sketch. I am trying to import a dwg and extrude it. I am getting the dwg from part number 3060. When I import it and try to extrude it I get an error...
6
6

Re: SW2004 Beta!!!!!
take your time . . . the important stuff still sucks . . . just more icons and the way they show and fly . . . weeeeee
1
1

Re: Should we upgrade to 2003???
yeah, and my drawing views disappear!! using derived configurations with SP3 SWX has issued an SPR but has been stalling for over two months now successfully?

Re: Solidworks, corel, and edrawings. Can they all work together?
yes, I see this also when using Excell ojects on the drawing sheet. they don't work well with eDraw