Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

carwashing business all over the world
carwashing business all over the world eucarwash.ten.lt -> iv.lt

Proto 87 using P4 wheels
I have updated my P87 spread sheet on my web page. I expect that purists will not like the resultant numbers but it does allow the use of P4 wheels re-gauged for P87. This will solve the problem of no...
1
1

Hunting for couplers
Does anyone know a reliable online retailer who can sell me the coupler conversion kits for the Bachmann Spectrum F7 units? I need one that doesn't charge a minimum on international orders, and has...
4
4

[HO] Athearn ex-MDC 40' Gondola
Athearn recently announced an HO scale 40' gondola, described as "newly upgraded, ex-MDC body." ex-MDC kit is this based on? #1340? Didn't the MDC #1340 gondola have side ribs which extended below the...
1
1

Advice on selling HO train collection?
I have a lot of HO stuff collected since I was 10 years old and a 4 by 8 layout that my son and I started about a year ago. I have decided to sell it all and wanted advice on where to start to set...
1
1

FS: Lionel prewar 813 tuscan and 814R white/brown
There are a couple of great pieces here... Lionel 813 prewar tuscan body & roof stock car in excellent condition Lionel 814R prewar white body/brown roof refrigerated car in very good condition If you...

Amtrak Cascades?
Does anyone make the Talgo replicas of the units for the likes of the Cascades? Been looking high and low for them but cant find it in HO scale.
1
1

Preferred Mail Order Hobby Suppliers
Each hobby seems to have a short list of preferred mail order hobbly sellers. What are the best ones as far as reliability, service, prices, and availbility? Mainly I'm looking at all items for N...
31
31

Canberra model railway exhibition
How long is it on for? Just this weekend presumably? Bummer because I wanted to get down there for that and had family commitments.. Ah well next time hopefully. Any sign of Lloyd and Norma Sawyer? As...
4
4

Bachmann G scale.
Hi all, I'm looking at building a New Zealand Railways loco on a Bachmann G scale 4-6-0 chassis. There seems (based on price) to be two different versions of the 4-6-0 (ignoring railway variations)...
11
11

Trains of Thought
Since so many models are available as undecorated, why do I have so much trouble finding prototype photos of that railroad? If cabooses are painted caboose red and reefers are painted reefer orange,...
16
16

Bachmann 2-10-4 driver size
Does anybody know what size drivers Bachmann actually used on their 2-10-4 locos? I know what size(s) the prototypes had, but I would like to know what size actually got put on the Bachmann models...
1
1

good groups on Yahoo
Here are a few good groups on Yahoo that may interest you. Rivarossi_AHM_IHC_Bachmann_Steam Bachmann_HO_Old_Steam Bachmann Jim

CORGI DIE CAST CARS FOR SALE
I have a wonderful selection of CORGI cars for sale on EBAY. Check them out.. This is a real bargin. These cars used to run for 7.99 each new. Most of these cars have never been open. In the...
1
1

Internet Cleaning:FWD from M.I.T.
nternet Cleaning DO NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET FROM MARCH 31st 23:59 pm (GMT) UNTIL 12:01am (GMT) APRIL 1st. *** Attention *** It's that time again! As many of you know, each year the Internet must...
11
11