A Couple I Forgot:

This one's based on a name from a 1970's board game that stuck in my head. Causes some double-takes.

Nicola Tesla (
) is/was largely responsible for the electricity that we use to run our railroads today, and never got the credit he deserved for his inventions. I thought it would be nice to recognise him with a local industry. Almost nobody gets the reference on this one.

Tesla thought it was possible to transmit electrical power through the air -sans wires- and eventually there will be a Tesla-style power- transmitting tower built atop the building.

Meanwhile, a small robot sits waiting on the loading platform as an homage to his amazingly advanced ideas.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Nobody gets Tesla?! Surely You're Joking Mr. Twibil!

Reply to
LD

Nope.

Since the politicians began running the schools, History has pretty much been considered superfluous.

(And it's Pete.)

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Nope.

Since the politicians began running the schools, History has pretty much been considered superfluous.

(And it's Pete.)

~Pete

___---------------------------------------------------------------

:o) Missed the Feynman reference, eh? :)

Reply to
LD

On 8/22/2009 7:15 PM LD spake thus:

Tuva or bust, eh?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

What did he play?

Reply to
LD

On 8/22/2009 8:39 PM LD spake thus:

Oh, you're thinking "tuba", eh? You know the story about the triangular stamp and all, right?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

No, I'm thinking Tuva. But, IIRC, they all played something.

Reply to
LD