A Couple I Forgot:

This one's based on a name from a 1970's board game that stuck in my head. Causes some double-takes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3841076640/sizes/o /
Nicola Tesla ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla ) is/was largely responsible for the electricity that we use to run our railroads today, and never got the credit he deserved for his inventions. I thought it would be nice to recognise him with a local industry. Almost nobody gets the reference on this one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3841072604/sizes/o /
Tesla thought it was possible to transmit electrical power through the air -sans wires- and eventually there will be a Tesla-style power- transmitting tower built atop the building.
Meanwhile, a small robot sits waiting on the loading platform as an homage to his amazingly advanced ideas.
~Pete

Nobody gets Tesla?! Surely You're Joking Mr. Twibil!

Nope.
Since the politicians began running the schools, History has pretty much been considered superfluous.
(And it's Pete.)
~Pete

Nope.
Since the politicians began running the schools, History has pretty much been considered superfluous.
(And it's Pete.)
~Pete
:o) Missed the Feynman reference, eh? :)
On 8/22/2009 7:15 PM LD spake thus:

Tuva or bust, eh?

What did he play?
On 8/22/2009 8:39 PM LD spake thus:

Oh, you're thinking "tuba", eh? You know the story about the triangular stamp and all, right?

No, I'm thinking Tuva. But, IIRC, they all played something.