A new HO scale decal producer!

Hi all,

A new decal supplier has just launched it's website and is currently taking orders for decals. If anyone is looking for decals, be them common or off the wall, please check out our selection. We can be found at

ORO Decals is a decal manufacturer dedicated to detail by offering our quality craftsman decals. Currenty, we have approximately 50 decals listed and available for order, with many projects in the works. At the moment we are only able to offer our decals in HO scale, but may be made in other scales in the future.

We are currently working on making ourselves known to as much of the online modelling community as possible. Feel free to come visit our site, look around, and send us your thoughts. If you have any comments regarding the website, feel free to email me, our web administrator, Tyler, at snipped-for-privacy@orodecals.com or should you have any questions about the decals themselves, particular decals you may be looking for (we are always looking for new projects), or would like to order decals, please email our administrator, Mark at snipped-for-privacy@orodecals.com

Hope to hear from you and look forward to reading your comments. Orders are always welcome of course.

Sincerely, Tyler Winfield Web Administrator

Tyler

[...]

Reply to
G.M.

Do you say that this is a good or a bad thing? :-)

If they are new manufacturer, it'll take time for them to start producing more variety of decals. Also maybe they will specialize in modern RR equipment (if that is the case, they should state this on their main webpage). That would inform potential customers what type of products they provide and not waste anybody's time.

But, I model in N, so none of this is of any use to me at this time.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Reply to
G.M.

Came back unable to load

Reply to
David Epling

Just used it. Works fine for me....

Reply to
+GF+

But the header on their main webpage identifies them as "Old Rare and Obscure" decals, hence OROdecals. Does that not achieve what you are suggesting? Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I was just commenting on G.M.s comments. I model N scale so I didn't bother to visit.

But if they only have modern RR decals, why do they use "Old" in their site description?

It is really pointless to keep going on commenting on the merits and specifics of that site. They just posted here to attract potential customers.

Looks like they have accomplished that (and then some...). :-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.
[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

With only 1 photo of a "Honeymead" hopper, and a 3/4 front view line drawing of a chop-nose GP-9, and no mention, graphics, or description of products and pricing, my visit to this site was a total waste of time. Please post a notice again when there is actually something to show me.

Bill Nielsen Oakland Park, FL

Reply to
Flexgauger

If you had clicked on the menu item 'catalogue' (at the bottom of the menu on the left of the home page)you get price listing and illustrations of 47 decal sets, maybe you should learn how to navigate websites. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Hmmm... the site relies on Macromedia Flash when simple html would do just fine. Without a flash plugin you are dead in the water.

---john.

Reply to
John Haskey

If a "suitable" plugin had been found I would have been happy to do so.

Reply to
Paul Newhouse