Anti-Americanism - PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Please stop responding to the silly totally OT subject! Obviously, someone is trolling for replies! I thought that we are all smart enough not to keep those kinds of postings alive on r.m.r.

Reply to
Peter W.

I am in a number of NGs and this one responds more to the trolls than any of the others. I have no idea why but for some reason this group always falls for their idiocy. Most are so clueless that do not know they are annoying (in this case) 5 other groups the troll was posted to. Now this group does seem to have older,members than most others and, as our hobby is not inexpensive in terms of money or room. likely more affluent. Based on this it would seem to bear out what the young say; age and money decrease the IQ radically.. Sad.

cat

Reply to
cat

Dear Sir:

Right on, but without the insults. Older people are probably more likely to think you can shame these trolls into silence like you can usually do in real life when somebody is being rude or obnoxious. Alas, here the scum is anonymous. As far as age being a barrier to intelligence, well, that's absurd.

Cordially yours, Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

Obviously you don't read rec.woodworking :-).

Reply to
lgb

You obviously don't participate in misc.transport.trucking.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Clearly you've never frequented the alt.religion.Mormon newsgroup

Reply to
David Epling

Relax Peter There is very posting of any kind here lately anyway. Its not difficult to sort it out by the header or ignore it altogether. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

That is not the point Bruce.

Seems that some participants here act like bunch of old women bickering about anything. Like my super-being is better than yours, my country is better than yours, etc, etc.

I still don't see the point of extended discussions of that type on a Model Railroading newsgroup.

Personally, I would rather see no postings that crappy off-topic postings. In this case the Subject line makes this round of trolling postings easy to ignore. But sometimes people carry on way off-topic stuff hidden under a legitimate Subject line.

People of this worls should realize that all the humans will never all get along. Just live with it - there is no need for bickering. And people who post here are from all walks of life and from all over the world. We should enjoy discussing what we have in common (Model Railroading) and not what divides us.

Earth sucks - I'm moving to Uranus... :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Peter, Of course your right. But there could be a bright side. Some of the bickering posters are modelers who haven't posted for awhile and maybe they will post some info about trains in between bickering. It seems none of us can agree on our world views but we all like trains. In the past we have be able to slam each other in the most nasty fashion but come right back to help each other on modeling and train related topics. Maybe its wishful thinking but it seems like a little conflict stimulates RMR. We haven't really had any flaming going on at all for some time and things have really been dead around here. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

What intrigues me (in the US) is that we have access to almost unlimited amounts of information to base our opinions on, and yet a vote on almost anything with a majority of 53% or more is called a landslide.

Seems like 60 or 70 percent of people should agree on most issues. Maybe we just like being contentious.

Reply to
lgb

Well, I'm glad that you have such a positive outlook on OT trollings stimulating r.m.r.

I don't share your views, but I'm not going to argue with you about it. :-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Uh, you sure you don't want to rethink that plan? I mean, Mercury or Saturn or even Pluto. ANYWHERE but... ; )

Jeff

Reply to
1shado1

----- ----- Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Sorry, I don't swing that way. Although you might check with that huge anal orifice mpoconnor, except he seems to hate to share anything, but ya never know.

Reply to
Steve Caple