Aristo Craft Dairy Queen kit

There was an Aristo Craft Dairy Queen kit on eBay the other day. I kind of half wanted it, so bid a couple of times on it. As it turns out, the kit ended up going for $36.01. Does anyone know if there is any significance to this kit, or is it just a case of more than one or two or three people wanting it badly enough to spend that kind of money?

Apparently the seller didn't know what he had as his starting price was $1.99. Just curious...

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Fast Food and Roadside Franchise Modeler magazine says its a classic surpassed only by Chinaco's Round Eye Series 1/87 scale Jiffy Lube and What-A-Burger. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Life Like's "McDonalds" is right up there in value too, since it was pulled off the market shortly after release because McDonald's threatened legal action, shades of UP.

Don

significance

Reply to
Trainman

"Fast Food and Roadside Franchise Modeler" magazine?!?!

It fascinates me how many of these little micro-focused hobbies there are.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

..."Chinaco's Round Eye Series"...??

Looks to me like someone is yanking pretty hard on that chain...

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Please pull on both of my legs at the same time... I don't want to walk around in circles because you just pulled on one of them! : )

dlm

significance

Reply to
Dan Merkel