Dean Freytag

On 27/12/2010 4:43 PM, Twibil wrote:

a)
Most of the victims were doctors and nurses, who were of course exposed to the disease before it was understood how evil it was. A major factor in the initial spread was the large number of part-time nurses, who worked different shifts in different hospitals. By the time of the NMRA Convention, the infection was completely contained.
Anchovies are an essential pizza topping IMO. But I only get it on home made pizza. Which is better than the boughten kind in many other ways, too. ;-)
Wolf K.
On 12/27/2010 7:19 AM Mark Mathu spake thus:

Shame. His steel mill models certainly set the gold standard (or should we say the iron standard?) for modelers everywhere in every media and venue.

And he was the "Dean of Styrene"!
On 12/28/2010 6:16 PM Lobby Dosser spake thus:

Yep. There are some pictures of his work in my 1991 Plastruct catalog. (Wonder if he had a relationship to that company like, say, Al Armitage had with Revell?)

Perhaps. Walthers published his book on steel mill modeling and he also wrote "The Cyclopedia of Industrial Modeling" which I have yet to see anywhere.
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:29:16 -0800, "Lobby Dosser"

It _looks_ like it is available from Plastruct, right now: http://www.plastruct.com/Pages/OnlineProductDetail.lasso?CCode=BOOK-115