December 16th Report. 1000+ Missouri Railroad Depots - A lot has happened since my unexpected news publicity.

Hi all

Wow, this has been a busy two weeks. My Rolla home town paper did a story on my web site 2 weeks ago. It was a nice story, which I thought would be printed and forgot in our small paper.

Wrong.

Surprisingly, AP picked it up. Before it was finished, it had been printed in at least 7 different cities in Missouri. I never thought I would get the responses I've received from that. Mail and photos are still coming in. With support like that, my web site can only grow and get better and bigger.

I must say this, it wasn't me that put most of them out there. At this point, the depots I photographed, don't even represent 20% of the total.

I guess there are people out there that believe like I do, that history needs to be preserved as much as possible. I don't think I even realized how unique my web site was becoming with so many rare depots being represented. Many people commented on not believing I had this or that depot there.

I've received, among other things, a lot of information about depots in the state, I wasn't aware of. Quite a few of those I thought were gone, aren't. I've received many new photos of old depots.

The update that is out there now, is different then the normal one. I tried to put out in this one as much of the new information I received as I could. You'll see a lot of them listed, aren't gone as I thought they were. I learned more information about a lot of them. They are there.

I even converted the reporter that wrote the story. He contacted me about a Cape Girardeau depot photo I didn't have. It's there now.

I guess my biggest catch in this update that I'm proud of came from the University of Missouri. It's a photo of the first Railroad depot in my home town of Rolla. It was taken in 1881, right after the big July 4th, 1881 fire in Downtown Rolla.

I'm going to be putting most efforts on posting only depots from new towns I don't have yet in the next few updates.

Stay tuned, it's only going to get better.

All of the new additions are listed at;

Jack Forbes

Jack Forbes