September 5, 2005 Report. 950+ Missouri Railroad Depots. Lots more old ones & odds and ends

Hi All

This time, I have over 30 more photos of depots from 12 different people. I think it?s a good group. There?s a depot that never existed, a rare depot I?m told may never have been photographed, until the photo taken after a tornado hit it. Check it out and tell me if I?m wrong. There are also several photos of different Kansas City Depots. I never realized there had been so many depots.

One of the things that pleased me this time was Bob Forester of Newburg contacted me. He is full in information about the old depots and Railroad history in Newburg. He filled me in on their history enough so that I had to redesign my Newburg pages. What I thought was at least 2 different buildings and maybe three, turned out to all be different versions of the same building. Plus, he sent me a 1908 photo of the first depot Newburg had.

Actually, I shouldn?t be just mentioning just one person. All 12 of them sent me some really neat photos. All the photos I'm getting now are ones I haven?t heard of or seen before. Of course, in my case, I'm still learning.

The Contributors this month were; Craig Bryan, William Bunch, Timothy Cannon, Mark Coppersmith, Steve Edwards, Jack Forbes, ( I even shot one.), Bob Forester, Doug Hughes, Rodger McKinney, Craig Meador, Zach Pumphery and Stephen Smith.

Plus, I did some cleaning up, tweaking and fine tuning to my web site. You may or may not be able to tell. Stay Tuned, lots more to come.

Jack Forbes

Jack Forbes

Do any of your contacts have photos of the Waco TX depot that was destroyed by the 1953 tornado.

Charlie

Reply to
sswcharlie

Charlie

Sorry, a month or so ago, someone contacted me about that Waco Texas depot. I checked with all the contacts I knew about at the time. No one had any information about it. I've been following the latest attempt to find it. I even checked some more possible leads.

Still no luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Forbes