Era - confirmation

Hi,

Walthers item #: 932-7976 Pullman-Standard PS-2 2893 cubic-foot three-bay covered hoppers

I am inquiring if someone might know the earliest time period in which these covered hoppers were seen on the tracks. I am hoping they are true 1950's cars, but I am unsure if that would be pushing the envelope with regards to the prototype.

Many Thanks, Matt

Reply to
mc_brennan

Google is your friend.

Quote: "A car that would help solve the problem (of low-capacity box cars being used for grain) was Pullman's 2,893 cubic foot PS-2, introduced in 1953..."

Matt (Another Matt, that is...)

Reply to
Matt

You can generally get a pretty good idea of era by looking at the Built and Last Shopped dates on the car. OF course this only works if you have an actual model in your hand to look at. Hard to do if you're scanning the pathetic pics posted on Internet hobby shops.

Reply to
Rick Jones

Yeah, and that works only if the lettering is authentic for that car....

Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

2893 cubic-foot three-bay covered hoppers

Thank you!!! That's a fabulous link. Much appreciated!

Reply to
mc_brennan

Unfortunately, that is the issue. I am unable to see / read the internet image on the Walthers website. It helps when they include the Blt date in the write-up, but that is not always provided.

Reply to
mc_brennan