"Front Street" Flat from Downtown Deco

I get Zero hits for Author=downtowndeco.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Haddad: "Rant, Rant, Foam, Foam!!"

Like I said the last time: Blow it out your other end.

No, a bunch of Self Righteous Defenders of the Faith have done that.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

So what? That's a false test. You should know that. Particularly coming from someone with a bogus e-mail address.

Just pipe down while you still have some dignity left, mate.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No, mate. YOU have. Deal with it you precious little crybaby.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Try snipped-for-privacy@montana.com as the author

Reply to
Rick Jones

To those I have greviously and annoyingly offended, I'm sorry. The only reason the link went to the ebay site was because I am inbetween webmasters and had not had a chance to load the material to my official site. Somehow though, I bet if the link went directly to our site the same people would still be writhing in protest. Again, I'm sorry. I'm just a guy who makes kits for a niche market trying to make a go of it in a horrible economy. Beat me with a rake if you must for trying to explore every avenue to promote my products that I can.

Thanks again to all that have bought this kit. Pretty soon the last one will be out the door & then this sad chapter of immoral, tacky and annoying marketing will be behind us all.

Cheers.

Randy Pepprock Downtown Deco

PS. I've posted here many times over the years, often w/similar types of "ads". I wish I had more time to just talk model trains for the pure enjoyment of it but that pretty much goes out the window when you do something like this full time for a living..

Reply to
downtowndeco

Didn't bother me.

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

I wouldn't be concerned, Randy. The complaints are insignificant. In fact, the complaints have been far more detrimental to the signal-to-noise ratio of the group than your original message was.

Although I have chosen to pass on this one i have a number of your other kits, all unbuilt as of yet. Would like to see you reissue the warehouse building flats you had several years ago as I could use them as the backs of a pair of modules I'm planning to build.

Reply to
Rick Jones

On 9/6/2010 5:12 PM Wolf K spake thus:

Me neither. And I *really* don't like spam. (Real spam, that is.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

And the results seem to be mostly commercials.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I'm the original complainer. Why didn't you just respond to me? E-bay had nothing to do with it. If you read my original response, you'll see that.

Man to man, your Marketing Hype is Tacky, IMNSHO. And prefacing a for sale or auction post with FS or FA is considered polite.

Regards, LD

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

There you go again, Ray. This time I'll drop the polite facade: BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Lobby,

I'm sorry you were offended. I'm sorry that you had to waste your time reading about our product. In the future, however, I'd probably still do things pretty much the same way, as almost all of the responses I recieved on every other forum than this one were positve. Funny thing is though, even from this forum I got a lot of good feedback (thanks to those who contacted me off list) and sold a few kits.

As they say, you can't make everyone happy all of the time & that's probably the case here. I'm off to pack kits. Have a nice day : )

Randy Pepprock Downtown Deco

Reply to
downtowndeco

Your opinion is noted and ignored. Thank you for clarifying. Grow up and come back in a few years after your voice breaks and you start shaving.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Lobby, I wouldn't take advice from you on anything never mind that.

Grow up. Stop being such a world class child, mate. What makes you think this comment of yours is so much better than the original poster's creative little advertisement? It's certainly further off topic than any other comments in this thread.

You'll never see that it is off topice though. You, unsurprisingly, are spewing drops of your anger all over the computer screen and keyboard in some dumb attempt at trying to get me to see things from YOUR world view. You know. The view where everyone does things YOUR way or NO way! For some odd reason, you want ME to be as filled with anger as you are. Shame on you.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Lobby,

I'm sorry you were offended. I'm sorry that you had to waste your time reading about our product. In the future, however, I'd probably still do things pretty much the same way, as almost all of the responses I recieved on every other forum than this one were positve. Funny thing is though, even from this forum I got a lot of good feedback (thanks to those who contacted me off list) and sold a few kits.

As they say, you can't make everyone happy all of the time & that's probably the case here. I'm off to pack kits. Have a nice day : )

Randy Pepprock Downtown Deco

Randy,

I wasn't "offended". And I did not "waste" my time reading about your product. In fact, I went to your web site and discovered that you offer kits in O scale. I had the impression you only did HO. Your product is actually better than FSM and I may even buy a kit, as your prices are reasonable.

My only regret in this thread is that I stooped to the level of the one or two people who got nasty in what they thought was defending you.

Glad you at least got some sales. As they say, "all publicity is good".

Best Regards, LD

Reply to
Lobby Dosser