Info Needed...

Hi, I am looking to buy my 1 year old daughter an LGB Christmas Starter Set.

I have LGB running round the tree since 1996. I would like to buy one for her in the year she was born. She was born December, 2003.

That means I am looking for the Christmas Starter Set that LGB was selling as their latest Christmas Starter Set as of last year.

Could someone provide me with a link, and or LGB Model #... so I can start trying to track it down via e-bay/etc... Thanx, and happy holidays.

Reply to
bruce.d.weaver

b> Hi, I am looking to buy my 1 year old daughter an LGB Christmas Starter b> Set. b> b> I have LGB running round the tree since 1996. I would like to buy one b> for her in the year she was born. She was born December, 2003. b> b> That means I am looking for the Christmas Starter Set that LGB was b> selling as their latest Christmas Starter Set as of last year. b> b> Could someone provide me with a link, and or LGB Model #... so I can b> start trying to track it down via e-bay/etc... b> Thanx, and happy holidays.

Is this just 'commemorative' or do you intend for your daughter to actually play with the set? If the latter, consider getting her a Brio-type wooden set. These sets are much more 'toddler-friendly' that the LGB sets (which are either plastic junk or else not recommended for young children).

b> b>

\/ Robert Heller ||InterNet: snipped-for-privacy@cs.umass.edu

|| snipped-for-privacy@deepsoft.com
/\FidoNet: 1:321/153

Reply to
Robert Heller

According to the poster-size 2003 LGB sheet the hobby shop gave me, there were two sets:

#72534 includes a red & black European style 0-4-0T with two 4-wheel European narrow gauge style passenger coaches (one red & cream and one all red)

#72554 includes the same loco as above with a red 4-wheel European style open goods wagon (i.e. gondola) and a red US style 4-wheel cupola caboose.

Reply to
Geezer

Thank you kindly gentlemen. The set is to be used( not simply commemorative ).

I have tracked one down, and am in process to purchase. I appreciate the help; have a good holiday season.

Reply to
bruce.d.weaver