ISO: experienced model maker

: : You have experience with this?? :     Direct, personnal experience? No. I will not accept consignment work, and I am too egotistical to pay somebody
to do the work I can do. Eventually. :-)
    However, I look at the "professionally built" models on ebay, and most of what I look at is nowhere near my standards.
    I am also aware of a very poor modeler who won first place at an IPMS/USA National contest (for plastic models), advertised that he was such a modeler (only entry in air- craft dioramas), and got some fool to send him a very expensive kit to build. It did not end well.
    Was the guy lying about his accomplishments? No. Was he misrepresenting his abilities? Oh yes.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.

Gee, I hope somebody who advertises could do better than that! :)
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:38:10 -0500, "serveyerself"

Hello
I'm a model builder with over 40 years experience. I have built boats, airplanes, cars, architectural models , but most of my experience is in model railroad sturctures. I have numerous of pictures of my work and can give you many references as to the quality of my work and my character.
Much of my building over the last 30 years has been in quality kits such as Fine Scale Miniatures ,Sierra West scale models and Stoney Creek to mention a few , but mostly scratch-building. If you're interested drop me an email and we'll discuss it.
Thank a bunch
Ken