microscale gloss

I was thinning ms gloss with alcohol (iso 99%) to use in my airbrush mixed

60% gloss/40% iso alcohol and noticed that this mixture made the gloss thick, like a glue. The ms container states to use water or alcohol, as did the salesman at the hobby store.

Has anyone had this happen? Was the mixture wrong, including the type of alcohol? Was the salesman/Microscale wrong?

I ended up using clean water and had a good result, but would still like to know your thoughts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D