N scale VO1000 decoder

Am I correct in understanding that the PnP decoder from TCS for the N scale Atlas VO1000 does NOT have lighting attached to the decoder board? Am I to
be soldering to the decoder? Kind of shoots the whole plug n play thing, no? Please advise if you are able.
Roger
See; http://www.tcsdcc.com/decoderpics/VO-1000_N_scale/VO-1000_N_scale.htm
Thanx for the link Jon, but I have seen these photos and am unclear as to the inclusion or lack thereof concerning the mention of 'sunny white surface mount leds'.