NASA Railroad NLAX 170 Special Load Car

I understand that in the Model Railroad-ing magazine in the 1980s had drawings etc of the NASA segment cars.
Can somewone help with the issue that it was in and a scan of
article. Model Railroading not easy to find downunder here in NZ.
Thanks
Charlie

Do not have the magazine but I did a Google search.
http://www.google.com/search?q=NASA+segment+cars&hl=en

Model Railroader also sells back issues.
http://mrr.trains.com/en/Magazine/Back%20Issues.aspx
But scanning the article and sharing the file would be stealing copyrighted material.
~Pete
On 10/23/2010 4:12 PM Twibil spake thus:

But the O.P. said the article was in Model Railroad/ing/.

And you can still buy back issues Here:
http://www.highlandsstationllc.com/home.htm
Less expensive than Model Railroad/er/ at $4.40 for one and $3.41 each for twelve.
No relation and other standard disclaimers.

Whoops, you're right! I mis-read it.

How do you keep the trains on the track being downunder?
On 10/23/2010 4:38 PM None spake thus:

Upsidasium instead of body weights.

I've heard flubber works equally well.
It is a problem. I can get the train upside down ok but I cannot get it to move because of all the glue.
I still need the reference for the Model RailroadingING article. Have tried Higland Station etc. No luck.
Thks
Charlie

It is a problem. I can get the train upside down ok but I cannot get it to move because of all the glue.
I still need the reference for the Model RailroadingING article. Have tried Higland Station etc. No luck.
Thks
Charlie ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you e-mail Highland Station? Seems like he'd enjoy the good PR.

There was an article on upside down trains in an April issue of Model Railroader some years ago.
Here's a fellow who got it to work. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3538812/Inventor-creates-upside-down-model-railway.html
Or this guy from a couple years ago http://boingboing.net/2008/06/06/model-train-runs-ups.html

You got to love the internet. It's all here somewhere.
In article

They boil the brains of blokes like you to get that sticky stuff they paint on the tracks.