Operating software - now car cards

For anyone that has been following my search for operation software it has lead me back to car cards.

I used a program compiled by Dave Husman to make my car cards and way bills. I have decided to try 4 sided waybills and keep them with the car cards. I only have about 15 cars at this time so it was not to hard to set up.

The temporary card boxes have been made from cardboard car kit boxes with 2 dividers that make 3 slots, Set Out - Hold - Pick Up. I will have one box for each town.

In my stub end staging area I will have 6 tracks.

2 will be used as A/D tracks with a escape track near the end for the loco's. The other 4 will hold cars.

Question... How do I set up the car card box's in this area? Should I make a box for each track, and one Pick Up and Set Out box for the A/D tracks?

At the end of the branch the local would drop all its inbound cars at Georgetown on a A/D track were the local switcher would pick them up and do the Set Outs. Likewise the switcher would drop any outbound cars waiting on the A/D track for the local to Pick Up.

Question... In Georgetown should I have a car card box marked Inbound and Outbound, and a car card box marked Set Out - Hold - Pick Up?

Thanks for your help,

Reply to
Kelly