OT: Winter Soldier hearings

Question for Steve Caple: have you been following these hearings? I'm listening to KPFA, which is devoting its entire broadcast day to them. (Whereas all other media is totally ignoring them, leading to the reaction from most Americans: "Winter *what*?")

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

No, what are they covering - the usual: stupidity, corruption, incompetence, cruelty, callous disregard for "collateral damage", torture, etc.?

I haven't been able to pick up KPFA very well for years. Thirty years ago I listened regularly, and could get a good signal here, but no more. I still remember Chris Strachwitz shows - especially the one with Ry Cooder

- and will always be thankful for the day, on the way home from a Borland roll-out over in SFO south territory, that I caught almost the entire broadcast of Phillip Glass's "Akhnaten" - magnificent stuff to drive past the Appian Way exit to. But the signal got worse over the years, and my antenna eventually came down, and the unending inane politics of both sides of the arcane debates over control of Pacifica and KPFA were too tiresome to listen through the static to, and I gave up.

I also remember the Winter Soldier hearings from nearly 40 years ago - when I was a GI anti-war activist and one of the editors of "Liberty Call", the Concerned Officers Movement paper in San Diego (I was one of the first two enlisted men to "integrate" that organization).

I find films like "No End In Sight" or "Taxi To The Dark Side", or Bill Moyers' "Buying The War" make most points better to most folks - and as one who remembers what Rusty Calley did I probably wouldn't be surprised at anything coming out of the current round.

- well worth a watch

Reply to
Steve Caple