OTish: Litytle Rascals in Railroadin

For me it was the PRSL lines and especially Winslow Jct! Later it was Reading yard but now i do it legally - i'm a Renzenberger driver!..
Big Rich Soprano wrote:

See... you all miss the point, that or I'm just a bit pessimistic . You "played". You didn't destroy, you didn't vandalize, you played. Just seems like kids in those days (me too, I lived 5 blocks and a small 'woods' away from a major train yard in D.C.) were just having fun, but were respectful. Or maybe that is fearful of punishment.
Either way, the older ones of us in this group grew up somehow when, according to current guidelines, we should be dead.
Don't mean to inflame, I'm saying this with a bit of humor. You can't see me laughing at that video and remembering the fun of coming close to trains and watching the 'big boys' play with them and wanting to do it too. It was like having my own train set next to the house. Probably why I'm building one in the basement now!!!

True. But vandalism isn't the main reason you can't play in railroad yards these days:
(A) Is the change in liability law that's taken place since we were kids, and how many people now seek to get rich quick by suing the closest "deep pockets" corporation.
(B) Is the vastly increased population pressure that would no doubt see *dozens* of kids playing in railyards -and getting in the way- if they could only get away with it.
(C) Is 9/11 and the heavy security that's evolved since as an anti-terrorist precaution.
Different times, different world.
-Pete

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
"P. Roehling" wrote:

You've been reading/watching/listening to too much yank propaganda. Bin Laden is on your side.

http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html
"P. Roehling" wrote:

The point I was making is that it's your (yank) conspiracy theory. Just because something like 300 million yanks fall for it doesn't make it any less a conspiracy theory. All you have to do is think through the situation and you'll recognise you've been fed a load of ... I'm not claiming to know the real story, but I am claiming to recognise a load of BS.
Greg.P.

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson6.php
"P. Roehling" wrote:

I see, you think I'm obsessive-compulsive because I point out that yank reality isn't. Do I slaughter innocent peasants? Do I invade nations?
On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:41:33 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Just newsgroups. -- Ray

Well, he's a small unimportant man from a small unimportant country.
But he's doing the best that he can with what he's got.
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:09:08 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Sure. He wears his aluminum deflector beanie at a jaunty angle during the invasion riding on his garden scale tinplate. -- Ray
"P. Roehling" wrote:

I never claimed otherwise.

Ray Haddad wrote:

You neglected to tell me that this is exclusively _Rad Haddad's_ newsgroup!
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 08:13:45 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

How is that relevant to you invading it? Not at all. You lose 5 USENET points for that failed attempt. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

If I posted something saying "Elephants are pink", followed by "Ray is pink" and "Therefore, Ray is a Communist", how would you respond?
Regards, Greg.P.
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:55:37 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Another irrelevant reply that cost you another 5 points, Greg. You're losing ground faster than normal. Perhaps if you had something relevant to write? Instead of tossing in a herring? -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

When you post something relevant I'll applaud - not that that will ever happen.
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:42:54 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

An attempted cloud of smoke costs you another 5 points, Greg. You should quit while you're ahead. Seriously.
Now, do return to the issue. You invade newsgroups. Sometimes, you participate. Mostly, you invade. You can't help yourself. -- Ray
On 3/8/2008 3:39 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

You're BOTH a couple of bandwidth-wasting twits. As such, I invite you both to fuck off.
Oh, and have a nice day.