OTish: Litytle Rascals in Railroadin

You neglected to tell me that this is exclusively _Rad Haddad's_ newsgroup!

Reply to
Greg Procter

I never claimed otherwise.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You need some level of intelligence to be truly insane.

Greg is a fine example, modestly intelligent, modestly deranged and seriously fixated on turning every conversation into "the USA is the source of all evil". Intelligence is no guarantee of sensible thought.

Greg maintains that he is from NZ but, it's often occurred to me that he is confined in some mental institution very far from NZ. Perhaps somewhere in the Ural's wasting away from the tertiary stage of syphilis. There is a picture of NZ on his wall and he lives there in his dementia. Dreaming of new fresh sheep after the USA buys his tired old mutton.

Paul

P.S. - I'm looking for etched radiator grills for a Dash-9. I'm sure I've seen them advertised and talked about but, now I can't find them.

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 08:13:45 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

How is that relevant to you invading it? Not at all. You lose 5 USENET points for that failed attempt.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:03:20 -0000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@mail.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) instead replied:

A few years back I saw an article in MR that detailed how to cast your own grills from a single master. It was about replacing the front boiler plate on a steam loco but could be adapted easily to your need. It used the same molds as fisherman use to cast rubber worms. I tried it with dental molds I made which are available as powdered kits from dental wholesalers. No shrinkage in dental molds.

Going from memory, the mold was a high quality mold and the castings were made from colored long setting epoxy.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Paul Newhouse wrote: [...]

If you mean "inertial filter screens," then Cannon & Company have some, but I can't tell from the photo whether they are etched brass or not.

Also tryk Detail Associates and Details West.

Good hunting!

Reply to
Wolf K.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Thanks, I must have missed DS-273 the first time I looked at Details West.

Does Detail Associates have a web page?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

No, but Walthers does. They carry the brands I mentioned, and others besides.

Reply to
Wolf K.

Try wandering back to the start of this argument - I responded to an arrogant political comment.

Reply to
Greg Procter

If I posted something saying "Elephants are pink", followed by "Ray is pink" and "Therefore, Ray is a Communist", how would you respond?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Garden Railways" (Kalmbach) has had a series of three articles over the last three issues on casting.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:55:37 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Another irrelevant reply that cost you another 5 points, Greg. You're losing ground faster than normal. Perhaps if you had something relevant to write? Instead of tossing in a herring?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:46:24 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

I realize that this kind of thing is impossible for you to resist, Greg. Almost makes you human.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

When you post something relevant I'll applaud - not that that will ever happen.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, err, nobody ever accused me of that before!

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg is off his meds again. I went back through the thread. He is really into his delusion today. I doubt that he can find the "arrogant political" comment that set him off. I often wonder if Greg is one person, he can jump from view to opposing view without hesitation. Perhaps he is involving the other inmates in some self directed group therapy?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:42:54 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

An attempted cloud of smoke costs you another 5 points, Greg. You should quit while you're ahead. Seriously.

Now, do return to the issue. You invade newsgroups. Sometimes, you participate. Mostly, you invade. You can't help yourself.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:43:52 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Lest you get the wrong idea, Greg, overall I like you. I even consider you a rather affable fellow for the most part. I blocked your mail from my e-mail box because you couldn't seem to resist the profanity and personal attacks by e-mail. That's a behavior, not a personal flaw. So, I can deal with the behavior by blocking your mail. Easy. Because I have blocked you there, I don't have to tolerate your profanity and anger in my mail box.

I can easily do the same thing here but you seem more able to temper your profane way of dealing with things here in public so I tolerate you here. I even poke fun at you mostly. I never, ever take things seriously here in RMR. Unfortunately, you demonstrate that you do take things seriously by the ferocity of your attacks on others here over issues that have nothing at all to do with railroading or model railroading. It's those dalliances into hatred that get you in trouble here, not your thoughts on the matter. Some things should be kept to yourself. Everyone has heard the old adage, "Never discuss religion or politics." Think about it. I'm sure you know why.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On 3/8/2008 3:39 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

You're BOTH a couple of bandwidth-wasting twits. As such, I invite you both to f*ck off.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl