OTish: Litytle Rascals in Railroadin

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:48:55 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Why, thank you David. Your lack of bandwidth eating reply is noted.

You too, mate. You too. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Someday Ray, you'll post something relevant - meanwhile, as usual you feel the need to put others down. You appear to have a very sad life.
Greg.P.
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:57:20 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Be careful. You just keep on losing these USENET points like this and when you go negative, your account shuts itself down. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I bow to your greater experience!
Greg.P.
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:55:08 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I just KNEW you had a sense of humor in there somewhere, Greg. But I did lose a sizeable bet finding it. You die at dawn for that. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

It's always a possibility! (5.54am) However, this cup of tea is bringing me alive right now.
Greg.P.
P. Roehling wrote:

Great site, PR!
I must make a few of these AFDBs, You Never Know When You'll Need One!
And of course I want to protect my friends!
Now that I think of it, I'd better get on the blower to the Emergency Response Co-ordinator, everyone in town might need one!
Good grief, everyone in the country might need one!
Omigawd babble babble babble babble.....
--
wolf k.

"Wolf K." wrote:

Wolk K in one of his more lucid moments!
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:45:23 -0800, P. Roehling wrote:

For once, I have to agree with you. He sounds like he's been to too many meetings with those Larouchey and Libertarian conspiracy freaks that say 9/11 was done by the US and Israeli governments. Or maybe it's just a sheep-borne STD . . .
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Steve, try applying a little logic to the situation. - Yanks generally are nice people. - Bin Laden has been proven to be an intelligent person, in particular with regards to war against USSR occupation forces in Afghanistan, in his ability to unify people and in his efforts to better the situation of his own people.
He has demonstrated that he is only concerned with his own people.
So why would Ben Laden attack the USa and US people in the USa?
Try reaching a sensible conclusion - the US propaganda story that he is mad/insane doesn't wash.
Regards, Greg.P>

You need some level of intelligence to be truly insane.
Greg is a fine example, modestly intelligent, modestly deranged and seriously fixated on turning every conversation into "the USA is the source of all evil". Intelligence is no guarantee of sensible thought.
Greg maintains that he is from NZ but, it's often occurred to me that he is confined in some mental institution very far from NZ. Perhaps somewhere in the Ural's wasting away from the tertiary stage of syphilis. There is a picture of NZ on his wall and he lives there in his dementia. Dreaming of new fresh sheep after the USA buys his tired old mutton.
Paul
P.S. - I'm looking for etched radiator grills for a Dash-9. I'm sure I've seen them advertised and talked about but, now I can't find them.
On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:03:20 -0000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@mail.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) instead replied:

A few years back I saw an article in MR that detailed how to cast your own grills from a single master. It was about replacing the front boiler plate on a steam loco but could be adapted easily to your need. It used the same molds as fisherman use to cast rubber worms. I tried it with dental molds I made which are available as powdered kits from dental wholesalers. No shrinkage in dental molds.
Going from memory, the mold was a high quality mold and the castings were made from colored long setting epoxy. -- Ray

Interesting, thanks for the heads up.
Paul
Paul Newhouse wrote:

"Garden Railways" (Kalmbach) has had a series of three articles over the last three issues on casting.
Paul Newhouse wrote: [...]

If you mean "inertial filter screens," then Cannon & Company have some, but I can't tell from the photo whether they are etched brass or not.
Also tryk Detail Associates and Details West.
Good hunting!
--
wolf k.

Thanks, I must have missed DS-273 the first time I looked at Details West.
Does Detail Associates have a web page?
Paul
Paul Newhouse wrote:

No, but Walthers does. They carry the brands I mentioned, and others besides.
--
wolf k.

Paul Newhouse wrote:

Try wandering back to the start of this argument - I responded to an arrogant political comment.

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:46:24 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I realize that this kind of thing is impossible for you to resist, Greg. Almost makes you human. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Well, err, nobody ever accused me of that before!