Prototype for Walthers 63' Pulpwwod Racks

Anyone know what the prototype for these cars is? I've searched the Model Train Magazine index and there's nothing specific on them. They do look a lot like cars built for CP by Hawker Siddeley in mid-1970 (which would make them maybe ok for my summer-1970 C&O layout), but I don't think the CP cars made it south to Virginia.

The cars I have are decorated with GPSX reporting marks - I know that GPSX is used by Georgia-Pacific, but not in 1970 (according to my 1970 ORER).

I'd like to decorate these for an appropriate line, so any help on the prototypes would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Larry

Reply to
Larry Z. Daily

The Walthers, cars are based on a CP car. MR published the drawings. The models even have the same number as the car in the drawings. I don,t recall which issue of MR had the drawings.

Reply to
John Slean