Re: Anyone using the Bachmann EZ track for layouts?

I'd echo the recommendation for using Kato Unitrack. It is much more expensive, but I lack the patience to lay ballast so I personally find it is
worth it.
I gave the roadbed a thin wash of india ink to enhance the texture. I also sprinkled a little ballast along the margins to make the edges more rough in appearance as the Unitrack looked too well groomed to my eye. Kato sells ballast that matches the Unitrack (again, its relatively expensive) but you should be able to find a cheaper brand at your LHS that's close enough in appearance.

more
find it is

I also

rough in

sells
but you

enough in

I'll second ... err, third ... the recommendation for Kato. Although it's pricey, I think it's by far the best looking and most versatile N-scale sectional track with integral roadbed. Besides a good variety of curved and straight ground-level sections, they also make viaduct sections. See http://www.katousa.com/ and click on the UniTrack label at top center. -- Bill McC.