SKULL

Looking for HO scale cows skull, the type with horns that symbolized the "end of the trail" in the old western desert.

Is this available commercialy? If not, any recommendations for a process to make one?

Thanks, Phil English Salinas, Ca

PS Per my earlier post I located the Funaro & Camerlengo website. "All you gotta do is spell it right". Funaro, not Furano.

pe

Reply to
Phil English

I don't know if it's available, but if I were to make any figure for HO, I'd start by working beeswax. It's firm but soft enough to work with tools, and not as brittle as candle wax.

Jay

website URL: members.aol.com/orphantrainlocos/index.html All the world's a stage - and everybody's a critic.

Reply to
JCunington

Phil=A0English wrote: Looking for HO scale cows skull, the type with horns that symbolized the "end of the trail" in the old western desert. Is this available commercialy? If not, any recommendations for a process to make one?

---------------------------------------------------- Musket Miniatures might have something like that:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

Phil, I don't know of any but I guess you could use clay to make one. I have or should say had one that I made to mount on my On30 Porter out of an O scale plastic cow. Then lost it so I have to make another one sooner or later. I drilled out the eyes and nostrils, carved out as much as possible then cut off the head and finished carving. I painted it a flat white with a touch of yellow then gave it a wash of black. This could surely be done with a HO cow but might be a little more difficult because of the small size. If you do this you might want to have several cows. I screwed up three cows before I got a skull that looked alright. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Try Sculpie (?) You can get it from Michael's. It is a resin. After you mold it, you bake it in the oven. It comes in colors and white and is paintable.

Reply to
CSRR

Why not just take a cows head, sand it smooth, drill the eye sockets, and paint it off-white?

Bush/Orwell 2004

Reply to
Rugurr