Spectrum DCC sound install

I have a Spectrum 'high boiler' 4-6-0. This is the 'painted/undec' version. The tender is short with a coal bunker(appears to look a lot like the 'Russian' 2-10-0 tender. Has anyone installed a Soundtraxx decoder in one of these? I am thinking that the B2100LC may just fit in this tender - anyone know if this tender is the same as 'Russian'?

Jim Bernier

Reply to
Jim Bernier

Jim, The tender is the same as the Russian. I don't think you will have a problem with a DCC sound set up in the tender that comes with the high boiler 4-6-0. The low boiler's smaller older style tender might be a tight squeeze. I have not made the move to DCC yet so hopefully you will get a response from someone more knowledgeable in this area. You might take a look at Tony's Train Exchange.

They have a more or less plug and play decoder /speaker set up for the Russian and I believe they also have them for the 4-6-0's. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger