Will they run together?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:46:49 GMT, Brian Smith wrote:

Not nearly as annoying as having to scroll down through pages of quoted crapola to see the few new lines. Just look at the message above it in hte tree structure if you can't follow the thread.
--
Steve

That is very true Steve. It doesn't take very much time to trim the post to which one is replying to, but some people just can't control themselves. {;^)
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:20:35 -0800, Steve Caple

Well, sometimes, if you've been actively reading the threads, there won't be a message "above" it in the tree structure, because you've already read and possibly deleted that earlier one, and it's good to have a short quote to refresh your memory about what is being talked about. I know that I for one don't save very many if any messages once I've read them (not in the newsgroups I mean...in my email software I save lots of messages for future reference).
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:29:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

I save messages longer than almost any thread lasts - although I've seen a few "threads from Hell" that go for months - and let 40Tude Dialog purge them based on age. So I always have that ready reference just up the thread tree if I need to refer to it.
--
Steve

My newsreader has a "reconstruct thread" or "get parent" button. When I need the reference, I can use that quite easily. Sometimes I have to when someone snips all the text and replies.
Puckdropper
marching band.

It's just newbies who don't want to bother learning netiquette. As always, bad manners drive out good. Been in a movie theatre lately? People act as if they were in the living rooms. Or bedrooms....
HTH -- wolf k.

That's not always true, Wolf. In the case of a lot of the participants in a regionally specific newsgroup here, it is inundated with people who have been around the block a number of times <g>. It's more a case with these people of them being part of the "It's all about me" generation or attitude. They don't care how much they disrupt the group, they especially like to post advertisements in the discussion group instead of in the for sale groups, just to provoke long flaming threads. It's really a pathetic way of life for that type of person.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:48:04 GMT, "Brian Smith"

_______
Amen to that! Marshall
M.J. Schuon wrote:

Nah, just another example of Windows scuzzware set to stoopid defaults.
--
wolf k.

Gleem is still around, and still makes nice polishing compound for fixing clear plastic panels like displays on radios, and anything else that needs a really smooth polish job. Smells minty forever afterwards though. Really.
BDK

Pearl Drops worked fairly well for me.
Paul
says...

Never tried that!
BDK

Welcome to mass production which makes that statement a dream... sad to say...
snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com says...

A lot of my old ones that were the same model that ran at different speeds just had different motors or different looking armatures in them.
BDK

They're MRC F7Bs. The mechanisms all look to be the same, but the circuit boards were installed contrary to their labeling. (There's nothing on the circuit boards except circuit traces. It's obviously to faciliate installation of a decoder.)
I'll have to take a detailed look at the mechanisms and see what's going on. They apparently sat on a warehouse shelf for a long time, so anything's possible.

That's a good idea. With the MRC boards, it's easy to temporarily install an ammeter, too!
Puckdropper
marching band.