Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

just a wreck
Hi guys, Me again, this time with a wreck :D. Do you like it ? http://myhobbymodels.com/index.php?name=News
10
10

ÑÌÜÜÜá æÇÍÏ
x87myu0gx+HH2tLHwQrH4dPhx+Mg2uHt3+Mg5tHN48kgx+Hh5SDmyNHfx8rlCgrF5OXHIMPm4SDj 1MfR38kg4e0g49rf4yDd7SDl0OUgx+HjzOPm2skKCubf5Mogx+bPIMPkIMfIz8Mg49TH0d/K7SDj...

American Flyer Rolling Stock
I did a Google search and just ended up confused. Can an American Flyer boxcar run on Lionel's O gauge track? Obviously I know S gauge is two-rail, but what about the rolling stock. Are they...
45
45

G Scale WigWag / Banjo Signal
Does anyone know if any company makes a G Scale Wig-Wag / Banjo type signal? thanks

Any GOP Modelers out here?
Any GOP guys out here who are train modelers? Let me know I want to get a group together for train modeling. Thanks!
28
28

Dual Gauge Track
I'm in the process of building a 3'x4' diorama that is going to include at least one section of dual gauge (HO + HOn3) track. To do this, I need one or two dual gauge switches. Does anyone make this...
7
7

FS: Union Pacific Rail Road Mirror Sign
Add a little flair to your train room! Up for auction is a really unique piece of rail road memorabilia; a Union Pacific Rail Road Mirror Bar sign. The sign measures 19" wide & 14" high in the wooden...

Painting Railway Ties and Coal in a Coal Tender
Hi folks, Do MR enthusiasts paint the railway ties on their track? I'm anticipating a diorama to display my Polish armoured train project and my comrades in the plastic model world will frown at me if...
18
18

Beginner in need of help - cleaning track.
Hi folks, I'm really new to model railroading and I am dealing with some used pieces of track. I have a few track questions to start: 1) What's the best way to clean track and to keep it that way? 2)...
11
11

A tale of a (hand-made, N scale) tree
Hi guys, My work of the last weekend below...I'd love to have your thoughts and ideas on it. Kind regards, Viorel, http://www.myhobbymodels.com/index.php?name=News
7
7

Model train accessories for grownups
charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable my, the hobby is maturing. Val A visit to the world's leading convention for toy-makers uncovers the latest developments in model...
16
16

Keeping layouts clean?
Just curious here... I see so many beautiful, highly detailed layouts in the various model RR mags and got to wondering. How do they keep these clean? Especially the ones with lots of delicate...
24
24

DC train control circuit update
I have made some important changes to my DC train control circuits. See my web page for details. Terry Flynn wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates DC control circuit diagrams HO scale...
8
8

Making grass
(No, wise guy, not talking about smokin' da rope) Eureka! I have found it! The way to make grass. Actually, I had the materials laying around for years, but finally tried it. All ya gotta do is dye...
3
3

Handlaying track question.
Been looking at a couple model train mags I picked up at the hobby shop last week (inspiration). In some of the close photos where the track was hand layed (hope that's the correct term -where you put...
33
33