Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Corrosion prevention
It has been reported by an Australian friend of mine that NO-OX ID A Special is a good corrosion preventer for rail. The website is: of Wahl clipper oil! I bought some MAAS metal polishing cream here...

Athearn RTR supply issues?
I got my monthly email newsletter from EngineHouse Services ( in Green Bay, Wis., which said (in part): "We just received a phone call on Friday from our Sales rep at Horizon Hobby, which is the...
6
6

Winter 2012 online SouthErneR now available w/3 Layout articles
OK Boys & Girls, the online version of the Winter 2012 issue (Volume 53 #1.5), the E-SouthErneR is now available at the SER's website: 54 pages in this issue rather than the usual 60+ pages but well...

DCC Bus Rail and wiring.
Got a bit of a wiring problem to solve, and not quite sure how to address this, so if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated. Using DCC Block Detection on my layout along with a DCC signal...
1
1

NCE P2KSR for LifeLike HO GP7 and GP9
Could anyone give me the Walther's model numbers of LifeLike HO GP7 and GP9 that will accept the NCE P2KSR as an easy plug in? I can't find one that says DCC ready. I'll have to place an order - I...

not carried
Pan just told me the posting server's profile doesn't include this group. So this is a test. Ignore it.

Ballasting
Just about to start doing the ballasting on my now pinned down/laid model railway, I understand from research you need to mix 50/50 of Wood Glue and water? Whats the best way to mix this? I dont want...
35
35

Layout drawing software
Once you have your layout mapped out/designed/pinned down and points all wired up for DCC, is there any good software (free or commercial) that allows you to put this in the computer/PC and then mark...
12
12

O/HO FARMERS ELEVATOR CO. decals
Does anyone know of an O or HO scale decal source for the red and white "FARMERS ELEVATOR CO." marking as seen on the center bay of this PS 4750 CF covered hopper?...
1
1

Hornby Accessory Decoders?
I have a quick question on DCC accessory decoders, that hopefully has an easy answer. On the Hornby Select, it will only expect/allow the start address from 61 onwards, I am assuming that is because...
2
2

Affordable Electronic Solutions for Model Railroads
Full disclosure: I am behind the operation of the site described here... Circuits4Tracks has been started to provide affordable electronic solutions for model railroads. This means that instead of...
2
2

Sandra Bullock FBI Donaldli Ingalls
I need Sandy Bullock she is my Button..GOOGLE US : SANDRA ANNETTE BULLOCK DONALDLI MARK INGALLS okay?okay?okay?Love is the Answer! RE: Sandy Bullock & Donaldli Ingalls Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:02 AM...
1
1

Lighting and Signals
As a newbie (well back into model railways again), I was wondering now with DCC, what is the best power supply feed/way to drive those devices (signals, lighting, and anything else that relies on) 12v...
4
4

Lighting and other non-DCC devices.
DCC is AC voltage with digital info. Those who do not understand DCC will say it is not AC voltage. are around 12 to 14 VAC. Some higher for large than HO scale which many run. You can power many...
69
69

Auto Reverse Units?
I'm using conventional DC trains in S scale and attempting to run point to point with the train stopping at one end and self reversing to the other, etc... Can anyone recommend a good autoreverse...
5
5