County Show Pictures

Some pictures of engines taken at the Denbigh and Flint Agricultural Show.

May be of some interest, nothing 'exotic' just the usual culprits.....

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I saw the engine on Thusday, didn't have time to talk to the owner too much, but he said he wanted £750 for it. Too rich for me I'm afaid, was hoping for a Lotto win on Sat. but alas................:-)

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Hell-fire and brimstone! I think £750 is way too much for that engine.

You can do better than that. No wonder he didn't display the price. Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Though the Bradford Gas Engine Co. probably made more engines to be sold under other names than their own, I don't think the Amanco tag was officially applied untill the enclosed crank engines appeared in the late

1920's
Reply to
Nick Highfield

That is rather a lot of money, nice engine though with Webster Tri-Polar low tension mag and what appears to be an original Bradford silencer (I had to make one out of a Drayton steam trap body). I think the petrol tank is wrong though. It should be more 'boxy' and sit under the hopper.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

PS. Sorry to pick up on this thread after so long a break, only just read through it properly. Hopefully one day David Edgington will complete his long awaited (by me at least) book on the marque and we will all know our Bradfords!

Reply to
Nick Highfield