Crap weekend

Gentlemen,

I hope you have had a better weekend than my wife daughter and I have just had, the daughter took her mother to Peterborough shopping on Thursday and as they arrived my wife felt ill and was violently sick the daughter fetched her home still feeling unwell. Friday no better with other side effects. Saturday and Sunday my daughter went the same way and guess what Sunday and today was my turn. Just beginning to feel better, hits you for 48hrs then goes away :-((

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Mike.H.

Mike,

Thanks for that, couple of points.

  1. It appeared to have a large wing incidence which gave it a nose down look when flying straight and level.
  2. It still amazes me how they crammed 8 engines in the wings, I know they were angled, the Cof G must have been critical having those engines so far back.
  3. Did you notice the amounts of smoke coming from the engines.

Martin P

campingstoveman

Something similar's been on this side of the Atlantic, too, although symptoms vary (always fever and headache and 48hrs, but not always sickness. I got off lightly compared to everyone else I know, with just a light fever and semi-bad headache - I think I was too stubborn that week to let it floor me :-)

There are 32 kids in our boy's class at school and the day he went back 23 of them were off sick with it...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Mike.H.

Mike,

Forgot to mention, last week I came back from Heathrow into Ireland and on the bus trip around the terminals back to the long stay car park I saw my first Airbus 380 in Singapore airline colours, its huge.

Mart>> I hope you have had a better weekend than my wife daughter and I have >> just

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

CocaCola (full fat not thin line) and banana is good. Plenty of sugar and water in the coke and essential minerals/salts in the banana. Stays down and doesn't taste as vile as the rehydration sugar/salt mixtures you can get.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

which is??????

Reply to
Dudley Simons

Swallow few good spoonfuls of jam before the voyage - doesn't cure seasicknes, but makes it taste better on the way up ;-)

Have you the avoided the plague yourself Martin? You could be a carrier of course, best steer clear of you at Enstone my 'full attendance' bonus is still intact, though we are yet to be told exactly what it might comprise - probably a box of time expired helicopter bearings!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Re-read your original post - and clearly no, you didn't escape!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Nick,

Its now Tuesday and its as if we weren't ill. You could sell the bearings to some south American country who are not bothered :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman