EEC 80 Watt Charging set.

"Campingstoveman" wrote

Sorry bearing industry 'in joke'. 6204 = 20x47x14mm ball race - worth about a fiver! (actually did about £15K of aircraft bearing business)

Reply to
Nick H

As I mentioned on the 'phone, I hope that is not a generic fault as we have just ordered the new replacement for the Movano this week, should be here mid-September.

Renault were £1100 cheaper 'on the road' than Vauxhall, and that included aircon on the Renault which was not in the Vauxhall price. As they are made on the same line at Luton, less than a mile from where I am sitting it makes me wonder how they can generate that differential.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Thats handy to know for future ref :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Well, I didn't know that ! Pass' engineering works is still largely intact near the junction of M60/M67 and adjacent to Denton railway station , famous for having but one scheduled passenger train per week . The works is currently occupied by "Malbern Windows " and "Scapa Tapes" , the latter in the last stages of moving out. Not far away is Richmond St , Audenshaw , where the manufacturers of the "Wilton" engines was situated. This company were also suppliers of gensets to theWD though I think they closed down in the 1930s A couple of miles away are the former premises of the National Gas & Oil Engine Co, still largely in engineering company occupancy. The front door of the building that once served as the "Nash's" ambulance room is provided with a door stop looking very much like part of a piston . A shame that my 80w set is ECC of Wolverhampton, when I could have got one just down the road ( had I been around at that time!) Robert.

Reply to
Bob Holmes

I still tend toward the Enfield Cycle Co Redditch for ECC. These manufacturer codes may not have done much to confuse the enemy during WWII, but they are sure doing a good job on us nearly 60 years later!

As an aside, equipment made by EMI often carried the code GCL for Gramophone Company Limited.

Reply to
Nick H