Optimistic Pricing

I often wonder where sellers get their prices from, see ebay 180056124047

Peter

Peter A Forbes

It does look in nice condition but it would never get that money even with the DRO. I know of a recent Bridgeport in good working order without the DRO but with a slotting head that was given away :-) Did you look at his other items. Not many of them but all similarly over priced.

John

Reply to
John

Yours by any chance john :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

Couldn't comment but it now lives with the worlds best magpie!

Bridgeport mills seem to have dropped in price dramatically over the last year. =A32k used to be the norm, now =A3500 seem about right. The only problem is their sheer size and they're 3 phase.

Incidentally, I know where there may be some woodworking workshop equipment going for sale. They're too big for me but if anyone's interested, pm me.

John

Reply to
John

Got my brake cylinders for the camper so next weekend will be busy, off all the following week so will put it in for MOT and then advertise for sale.

Mart> Yours by any chance john :-))

Couldn't comment but it now lives with the worlds best magpie!

Bridgeport mills seem to have dropped in price dramatically over the last year. £2k used to be the norm, now £500 seem about right. The only problem is their sheer size and they're 3 phase.

Incidentally, I know where there may be some woodworking workshop equipment going for sale. They're too big for me but if anyone's interested, pm me.

John

Reply to
campingstoveman

Optimistic Peter certainly, but on Ebay, truly anything is possible. Some of the common or garden (Wolseley, Lister, Petter air-cooled, Jap) engines fetch ridiculous sums (yes, even to my neophyte's eye) if they happen to have a small and otherwise not very valuable pump/grinding wheel/etc mounted alongside on the trolley.

Currently I'm looking for a metalworking lathe and the price which even the meanest Myford will fetch on Ebay is way beyond what any decent seller advertising locally would ask or expect.

That said, I've enjoyed one or two crazy bidding wars on my own auctions so who am I to complain?!

Peter A Forbes wrote:

Reply to
Jerry